Friday, December 10, 2010

A Letter To God.

Dear God,


I cried so hard. I couldn't believe that Daddy left us so early.

At the age of 50.

I remembered Daddy used to tell me to do things slowly, to take a few moment to gasp for a breath, think clearly whenever I face problems. And to inform him whenever I am in any difficulty.

Daddy didn't want me to push myself too hard.

***

Daddy's an oil tanker. His job, I must say, is one of the most dangerous jobs ever existed in the world. His pay? Pfft.

My regret #1: I didn't manage to buy Daddy a life insurance.

Looking at his tattered bag that he used for work, I just couldn't help myself crying pitifully. In his bag were canned food+instant noodles. And all of them were crushed in the accident.

Regret #2: I didn't manage to take him to a fancy restaurant for a fancy dinner.

***

2/12/2010 - I just came back from Taipei the day Daddy died. Only God knows how broken my spirit was when I received Mummy+Henny's text messages.

I cried the whole way back to my hometown, Sibu. Choking. From my heart of despair.

Somehow deep in my heart, I was hoping that the whole incident was untrue. A lame joke. A prank just to teach me a lesson for doing something wrong in the past.

I wanted to see Daddy in the hospital bed, alive. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to smile at him. Hug him. And tell him how much I love him.

Deep regret #3: I didn't spare extra time to chat with Daddy whenever he called from his workplace.

It's not easy for him to receive good signals and call the rest of my family members. Not to mention about being able to reach me through the phone. I wished I had five more minutes? Okay maybe one more minute to express my love to Daddy?

It's all too late.

***

Regret #4: I didn't manage to go for a holiday with Daddy overseas. I didn't manage to let him feel the snow during winter. Wear a lovely trench coat like I always do.

I can still remember how cold his body was in the mortuary.

Regret #5: Screw Prada. I wanted to get him a tailored suit. And together we take a perfect family photo. Not to be able to wear a suit only when he's lying still in the coffin.

***

Deepest regrets of all in my whole life. I could only look at his body, apologize and tell him to rest in peace; I'll take over everything from now on.

Daddy's a real man. Memories flashed through my mind; he would sacrifice anything for us. He loves us very much. I wish I had showed as much love to him. I would trade in anything in my life to get him back, but I realize though, I should move on and accept this ugly truth. Daddy's no longer here with us.

May Daddy's soul be happy with God in heaven.

***

God, I've learnt my lesson this time. I shall appreciate my love ones, everyone beside me more.

Please let Mummy go through this strongly? I can't imagine the love of my life leaves me someday, I don't know how that feels, but I can see the sorrow in Mummy's eyes. Please let her know, that she still has Henny and me?

I will never let her suffer again no matter how.

God please bless all my relatives+friends who gave us the support we needed?

***

My teardrops poured like Niagara Falls and dried like rain in the dessert. And my life will never ever be the same.

Heading back to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. I have to face my work, again, whether I like it or not. I still have to carry out my responsibility.

God before I end this.

Just. Grant a lil' happiness in me?

I miss Daddy.




Yours truly,
Welister.
xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. my dear welister,
    I am so sorry, it must be really tough to get back to work so soon. God cares about you and your family, you will be strong in Him . I will also keep you in my prayers. May God bless you.
    P.s : Have faith and courage.
    Read Psalm 91: 11-16. '' He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.'' Ah Wei, Gambateh !!!!!!!
    love,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,Welister,u made me so sad after reading this.
    I know tis is the most difficult time to go through,but,plz be strong..Sadness flies away on the wings of time..on behalf of ur father is ur responsibility to take a good care of ur family.May god bless u n ur family..i will always support u..Gambateh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 偉,我看了真的很感動。
    很想在你身邊陪你,讓你好過一些。
    從初一認識到現在,不知不覺,快10年了~
    你和我一起成長,你越來越穩重,我也越來越佩服你。
    到現在才發現,我和你變朋友,也認識了你的家人。
    在回憶了,也有不少和你家人相處的片段,原來他們也佔據我的生命。
    我也會因為他們的種種好事壞事,而感到開心或難過。
    真心祝福你,希望你和你的家人能夠走過傷痛。
    也願主給你和家人力量,讓你們可以堅強的走人生接下來的路。
    我相信你的父親永遠活在你們心中,也在我心中,他是那個可敬的叔叔。

    阿偉,加油!感到難過的時候,別忘了你身旁永遠有我們這一群好朋友~

    ReplyDelete